What If I Told You, You Could Dress Without Exposing ‘Skin’ And Still Look Chic?
In all conscience, it makes no sense exposing the very thing you’re covering, or does it?
Over the years, fashion has taught us theories of zero-restraint in the fashion and style industry, most importantly, it has taught us how to appreciate creativity in workmanship to fashion that unique style for every fashion conscious individual. What it forgot to do was to occasionally brush up the sanity of itself – the sanity of Fashion and Style.
Of course you can look chic and sexy without exposing some ‘skin’ or cleavage for that matter. Skin-tights aren’t always sexy by the way.
Is it sexual appeal you’re looking for? Midi-skirts are the epitome of flirty. Talk of men being aroused by what they see: a man can get aroused at the sight of an amoured woman anyway. They notice the lipsticks, fake eyelashes and the overdone effort in “looking sexy”.
- Wear fabrics to show off skin without exposing it eg. Lace
- Rock his shirt anyway you want to, not necessarily loosening the first 3 buttons
- Did you know that the lower halves of our bodies are teasing enough? Try on that trouser folding the ends up 2 rows to unveil your ankles on some sweet heels that actually work! Imagining that already, aren’t you? And yeah… midi skirts.
- It’s fine if you want to show some legs, then cover the top… you know? Your cleavage 🙄 It’s a decent kind of flirtation 😳
- Wear a simple bun or let that hair loose and curly as if you didn’t try too hard after waking up a few minutes ago
- Tees with trousers never go wrong with the right shoes or sandals, and a modish belt.
- You don’t need to spend too much on it. Cut down cost like any rational consumer and stay creative.
Afua Rida (Ghana), Cynthia of SimplyCyn (NYC) and Falake Hunton of Style Pantry are 3 of the few fashion and lifestyle bloggers who evidently believe a woman could dress without exposing ‘skin’ and still look chic.