Style Tips: How To Rock A Garden Wedding Outfit
As traditional and customary as Ghanaian wedding ceremonies can be, we cannot rule out the palpable detail of wedding ceremonies held outside the church. Hire a venue – beachside, conference, a posh restaurant, even a beautiful garden. One of Ghana’s notable stylists Afua Rida presents tips on how to choose the right colours of outfit for a Garden Wedding ceremony.
- Stay light. Choose softer colours giving you that easy breezy appearance.
- It is okay to wear well-tailored pants, jumpsuits or light fabric jackets. Try solid cotton, light weight fabric such as chiffon, silk, and crepe.
- Keep the sparkle, bling and sequin fabric in the ballroom!
- Pencil heels might be a nightmare in grass. I wear flat sandals under maxi dresses or opt for block heels.
- Volume skirts, dresses or skirt lengths going politely above the knee is a good idea.
When I picked up my dress, Sandi, the creative director of Diva Delicious, schooled me about this gorgeous fabric my batik dress was made from.
The word batik is derived from the word, ‘ambatik’ which translated means ‘a cloth’ with little dots’. The suffix ‘tik’ means little dot, drop, point or to make dots, similar to the tie-dye but still quite different.
I am a craze for dark colours, but when it comes to weddings, I do well to push aside my taste for dark colours because society would rather you pepper some light in a joyous atmosphere – well, it’s only proper.
Stylist’s Tips by Afua Rida
Dress | DIVA DELICIOUS… Bag | MYTH HOUSE… Necklace | ORNÉ… Shoes | ZARA